The Certainty of Uncertainty By Shweta Mhatre

#MyStory #SCMHRDxp

It’s been 3.5 months and I still haven’t figured out this place. We are so cut off from the rest of the world that ISIS could’ve probably invaded India and I would only notice if they reached Hinjawadi. The world is fixating over the Yuan devaluation but nothing and I mean NOTHING takes precedence over a batch meeting. Everything we do is dictated by the most recent e-mail in our inbox. From corporate competitions to people spamming about the most inane things, our phones are always pinging. You could be heading out for a nice dinner after a long gruelling day but one single mail can bring you running back to campus. Making pre-emptive plans is a waste of time. There will always be that one friend who will back out because of a committee meeting or some pending project work. Also does anyone even have a count of the number of assignments we’ve submitted?

Friendships and relationships here change as often as our revised time tables. People are always talking about whom they saw with whom. When something worth discussing happens, each mess table knows a different version of what actually happened. Everyone talks about that thing that happened that day at that place. The story always changes.

That being said, some things here are very predictable (yes I am going to use bullet points):

  • 60% of the class is asleep in the first 2 lectures every Monday and the other 40% are the brave hearts that help us pass in the exams.
  • The post lunch lectures are just pointless because everyone sleeps through them.
  • CRs have the final word and no one dares to disrespect them. We love you guys!
  • What happens at Laxmi, Lemon tree, Tamanna or Eternia never stays there. EVERYONE finds out.
  • Bala Bhaiya is our saviour
  • Delhi v/s Mumbai anyone?
  • Even better, what does HR even do?

We’ve all come from different parts of the country and we all pronounce things differently, but we are all united in our desperate attempt to stay afloat here. Slowly but surely we are getting rewired the SCMHRD way.

Most things in life are uncertain and you should take each day as it comes. This adage could probably be SCMHRD’s motto except that we already have a very cool war cry.

Shweta Mhatre
MBA 2015-17

17 comments for “The Certainty of Uncertainty By Shweta Mhatre

  1. Vasundhra Sharma
    17/09/2015 at 10:45 am

    Uncannily true and hilariously relatable :)!

  2. Riddhi Tiwari
    17/09/2015 at 11:31 am

    So aptly framed Mhatre.. I know what the HRs do.. :p

    • Shweta Mhatre
      19/09/2015 at 4:34 am

      Thanks guys 🙂

      Riddhi, of course you know what we do! You’ve been a part of it 😛

      • 24/09/2015 at 1:31 pm

        Great site. Lots of useful info here. I’m sending it to several friends ans additionally sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks for your effort!

    • Vasundhra Sharma
      19/09/2015 at 7:43 am

      Then you’re one of the few Marketing folks who do understand it,Riddhi 😀

      • 24/09/2015 at 1:30 pm

        I discovered your weblog website on google and checked a number of of your early posts. Continue to keep up the excellent work! I will add your RSS feed to my MSN Information Reader.Looking forward to reading more from you soon!

  3. Sumeet Arora
    18/09/2015 at 8:15 am

    One of the best i have come across till now…

    • 24/09/2015 at 1:31 pm

      This is the right blog for anyone who wants to find out about this topic. You realize so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great!

  4. Shefali Agrawal
    18/09/2015 at 8:20 am

    Good one 🙂

  5. Shreya Dwivedi
    18/09/2015 at 8:56 am

    Been there, done that! Crazy journey.

    • 24/09/2015 at 1:31 pm

      Woah! I’m really digging the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very hard to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and appearance. I must say you’ve done a great job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely quick for me on Opera. Outstanding Blog!

  6. Sriram
    18/09/2015 at 12:44 pm

    Kudos Sheets!!!!

  7. Sanya Madan
    18/09/2015 at 8:57 pm

    Eternia, lemon tree and ol are extended scmhrd’s campus…so true :p

  8. Rahul Kulkarni
    18/09/2015 at 10:07 pm

    Just another day at a B-school 😀

  9. 21/09/2015 at 2:02 pm

    Interesting article! Even though I know nothing about your university, I still enjoyed reading it! And yeah, l would love to meet Bala Bhaiya someday:))

    • 24/09/2015 at 1:29 pm

      Great post, I believe website owners should learn a lot from this blog its really user friendly.

  10. 24/09/2015 at 1:31 pm

    I love it when people come together and share opinions, great blog, keep it up.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *